Most couples would agree that communication is key to a healthy, loving relationship. One thing that can get in the way of effective communication, however, is hearing loss. When one partner starts to lose their hearing, it’s hard for both people in the relationship. Fortunately, hearing aids are often the answer to these communication issues!
Last year, the Hear the World Foundation conducted an extensive study into hearing aids and relationships. They surveyed over 4,300 people in order to determine how hearing loss and hearing aids affect aspects of everyday life. To celebrate Valentine’s Day, we’ve listed a few of their most interesting findings below!
- 41% of people who have a partner who is affected by hearing loss would be glad if their partner were to be fitted with a hearing aid. One in five believe that a hearing aid would approve their relationship.
- 38% hearing aid users believe hearing aids have made their relationship better.
- 81% of survey respondents whose partner has been fitted with a hearing aid say they are glad their partner wears a hearing aid.
- 40% of survey respondents whose partner has already been fitted with a hearing aid report they receive more attention from their partner now she or he wears a hearing aid.
- 70% of people whose spouse or partner has hearing loss but does not have a hearing aid would not find their partner any less attractive if he or she were to wear one.
- 78% of those surveyed say that a person’s hearing aids would not be a deterrent if they were considering starting a relationship with him or her.