March 27, 2018
by weareallears

Audiologists and Audiometrists, explained

What’s the difference between audiometrists and audiologists? Truthfully, not much. After inquiries from our Facebook fans, we wanted to clarify to our community that, whether you’re seeing an audiometrist or audiologist, your ears are in good hands.

When it comes to their actual capabilities and responsibilities, both can be trusted to administer hearing tests, prescribe hearing aids, educate on and develop rehabilitation plans. The main difference lies in how they obtain their qualifications – audiometrists are typically TAFE qualified while audiologists have at least a Master’s Degree in their specialisation.

When it comes to your hearing healthcare, we suggest focusing on the individual who understands your needs, rather than their title. If your condition is unique or requires additional skills an audiologist who works in collaboration with your doctor or an ear nose and throat specialist is advisable.

Lastly, we suggest checking your carer is registered with their professional membership body, which binds them to a code of ethics. This helps ensure their practice has your best interest in mind!

Have anything to add? Ask or tell us on Facebook. If you’re having trouble with your hearing or think you may need more answers, talk to a specialist about booking a hearing test today.

March 27, 2018
by weareallears

If you are concerned about hearing loss, book an appointment today.


Do you have a story about hearing loss to share?
If so, we’d love to feature you on the blog.